.post img { border:10px solid #191919; dotted:2px; } a:link{ colour brown } h2{ colour: brown;| }
  • Maiyegun's Diary

  • | Breaking News
  • | Sports
  • | Entertainments
  • | Politics
  • | Opinions |

Maiyegun General

Thursday 17 September 2015

Here’s the story behind THAT shot of the father sheltering his son from the rain



It’s no surprise that the image of a soaking wet father using his umbrella to shield his son went mega-viral, being seen by more than three million people.


It’s so good it looks fake – like it should be on sale in a poster shot.

But the man who posted it to Reddit, 25-year-old Eumine Choi of Queens, New York, says, ‘I was leaving work and it was pouring rain and I opened my umbrella and looked up and there was the dad and the son walking.

‘I was about to cross the street and I just wanted to take a picture to show my friends later that night. I wanted them to see what I witnessed.

‘The dad was carrying a leather briefcase and some food, and instead of worrying about himself, he gave the umbrella to his son.

‘Actually, his son wasn’t even holding it; the dad was holding it for him, and only certain people would think to do that.

‘It was sweet. It reminded me of my dad and all the times he did these kinds of things but I didn’t even realize.

‘I think the kid was eating a snack or something. I don’t think he realized what his dad was going through at the time.’

‘I think everyone can relate somewhat and can recognize how much of a selfless act this is. It struck a sweet spot. Dads, they don’t get as much credit as they deserve.’

Metro 

No comments:

Post a Comment