.post img { border:10px solid #191919; dotted:2px; } a:link{ colour brown } h2{ colour: brown;| }
  • Maiyegun's Diary

  • | Breaking News
  • | Sports
  • | Entertainments
  • | Politics
  • | Opinions |

Maiyegun General

Thursday 19 November 2015

In Delta: Why our group killed several persons —Suspected cultist

By Esther Onyegbula

Ambrose Alli University 

Operatives of the Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad, FEDSARS, have arrested four notorious cultists terrorizing Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, Delta State University Abraka and its environs.

Vanguard gathered that the suspects, identified as Enahoro Benedict Lucky, 21; a.k.a Freshboy, Ekinedo Odion, 29, aka overdose, Emmanuel Iluore, 24; aka Gayo, 24; and Dennis Isehomen, 28, were arrested, following the directives of the Inspector General of Police, Solomon Arase, over the restiveness in the state and cultism related activities which led to the murder of two students on September 18, 2015, by rival cult gang at Supreme hotel, Ekpoma.

Consequently, a team of detectives, led by Inspector Bamijoko Oluwemimo, swung into action after they received intelligence reports about the nefarious activities of the gang in the state, which has claimed the lives of innocent persons.

The discrete investigation led to the arrest of a 400 level engineering student of Ambrose Alli University, identified as Enahoro Benedict, a.k.a fresh boy, at the cultist hideout, while others, including the cult kingpin, escaped. His arrest led to the arrest of three others, including Odion Ekinedo and Emmanuel Iluore.

Suspects speak

21-year-old Benedict, who was found smoking weeds suspected to be Indian hemp, said: “I am from Igueben Local Government Area of Edo State. I am a 400 level electrical/electronic engineering student of Ambrose Ali University, Ekpoma. I was actually forced to join a secret cult named Vikings, a.k.a Arobarja, when I was in 200 level. I was initiated by a friend, Sammy Salami near Faith Baptist Church, Uleme. Last year, a member of our cult group called Brutus was killed by Aiye confraternity at Ukpenu, later our group retaliated by killing a member of Aiye. I was with two of my friends when I was arrested at Lovereal Gardens in Ekpoma. I was arrested, while others escaped.

Ekinedo

On his part, Ekinedo, 29, said: I am from Uromi in Esan North-East Local Government Area in Edo State. I was arrested in Good Shepherd Hotel, Ekpoma. I became a member of Jures cult while I was in Rivers state. Later, I was initiated into Black Axe in 2013 after I gained admission into Ambrose Alli University in 2013. Members of my cult group have killed several persons from a rival cult gang; they killed three Aiye cult members within Ekpoma and its environs.

Iluore

Iluore Emmanuel, 24, from Agenebode in Edo State, said: “I am a final year student of Ambrose Alli University, AAU. I was initiated into Vikings cult group in 2006 by a friend called Endurance, a.k.a Wizard. In 2013, the former leader of the gang, named Bobo, handed over the leadership of the cult to me after I paid N35, 000 to him. In November 2014, I became the gang’s number one man; I led the gang for about a year before I handed the mantle of leadership to one Kalif. The cut-to-size single barrel gun belonging to the cult used for operations was recovered by the police in Ben’s house in June 2015. It was Wisdom, the number one man of Black axe that killed Brutus sometime in 2014.”

On his part, Denis Iseghohimen, 29 from Edo State, said: “I attended Ambrose Alli Primary School. I was arrested at Rainbow Hotel at Ileh, along Idialu Bennington. I was initiated on September 26, 2013 in Delta State University Abraka. Vincent is our gang number and he is in possession of our operational weapon which includes a locally made gun and battle axe and regalia. I was among the people who killed a member of Aiye confraternity cult called Tilo, while Manfight killed Idohu in retaliation.

Vanguard gathered that efforts are ongoing to apprehend the gang’s armourer, Sammy Salami, who is currently at large, while the four suspects have been charged to court.

Vanguard

No comments:

Post a Comment