.post img { border:10px solid #191919; dotted:2px; } a:link{ colour brown } h2{ colour: brown;| }
  • Maiyegun's Diary

  • | Breaking News
  • | Sports
  • | Entertainments
  • | Politics
  • | Opinions |

Maiyegun General

Sunday 8 November 2015

Steph's Corner: What is SOCIAL MEDIA? ...11 signs that you may be addicted to social media - By Stephanie Renwick




 Stephanie Renwick

Social media refers to the means of interactions among people in which they create, share, and/or exchange information and ideas in virtual communities and networks. That's the definition but the way I see it is; it's where people can connect with everything that's going on in the world. 


 

What comes to my mind when I hear the word Social Media? And where is it we can see any information or updates about these?

You can find it from social networking sites. To name a few - Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and so on.



News, Pictures, Videos, Movies, Soaps, Advertisement, Sales, Fashion, Politics, Health, Jobs, Cooking and many more come to my mind when I hear SOCIAL MEDIA.

Think about it, they are all connected somehow.

Watching the news, you hear about politics. Watching politics, you see jobs. Your job may be cooking. To cook with, you buy from sales. Sales can be fashion. Fashion can be advertisement. Advertisement can be health.

Do you see where I'm going with that?

Social media can mean different things to different people. We are not all the same.

2+2=4 Also 3+1=4

You see... Your way may not be the same as someone else's. That doesn't make you right or wrong.

Is social media an addiction? You tell me!

Here are 11 signs that you may be addicted to social media:

Sign #1: You check your mobile phone every few minutes for any notification on Facebook, Twitter mentions and such.


Sign #2: You think your world is over when you have no internet access or when Twitter, Facebook or other social media is down.


Sign #3: You have to check in at every new location to let everyone know where you are.


Sign #4: You announce to everyone on social media what you are doing every day. Things like having a lunch, found a penny, went shopping today and blah, blah, blah.


Sign #5: You have a meeting every week with others (social media addicts) to plan on what updates to put up on Facebook for next week.


Sign #6: You start to #hashtag #about #everything #under #the sun.


Sign #7: You have made urgent requests on Facebook for your family and friends to send you ‘lives’ on Candy Crush. (As if your life depends on it.)


Sign #8: You believe life is more happening on social media than in reality.


Sign #9: Words like ‘Tweet’, ‘Insta’, ‘Pinned’, ‘Updates’, ‘Hashtags’ suddenly has become part of your lingo.

Sign #10: You cannot live a day without social media; you need to travel with it, eat with it, sleep with it, or even using it while going to the toilet.

Sign #11: You love to stalk your friends via Facebook, Twitter and other social media accounts.

For me only you can let it become an addiction, only you can let it rule your life. You have to find a balance you have to be in control.

I do it and I know most of you do it too. You go on Facebook scroll down your home page, like a few pictures, you start to see older posts so you put your phone down. Only 2 minutes later you'll pick it up refresh your home page and do the same all over again! It's same thing after same thing. It's become too much in our life's that we can't even walk outside to go to the shop without being on your phone the whole way there with your head down glancing up a few times.

Those times we have our heads buried into our phones are chances that have walked right past us. Only if you'd put your phone in your pocket and taken in everything as your on your way. A chance that you'll never even know now. We miss precious moments, ones that could change our lives forever.

The one thing I hate about social media is; BULLYING

I can't stand bullying of any form. I mean why can't everyone just be happy and encourage others? They say the bully has there own issues and that is why they do what they do to make themselves feel better. Kind of like releasing a dark side of yourself.



Everyone should remember this - Before you judge my life, my past or my character. Walk in my shoes, walk the path I have traveled, live my sorrow, my doubts, my fear, my pain and my laughter. Remember, everyone has a story, when you've lived my life then you can judge me.

With Social media comes with some cons - Cyber bullying. Cyber bullying has ruined people's lives, tore families apart, people committing suicide but don't forget that with Social media also come good things, raising money for charities, help with information in general etc. You have to take the good with the bad.

In my opinion, the world we live in is crazy at the moment. We need to have the right attitude not for ourselves but for our children, the next generation of life. Or else things may go from bad to worse.

Teach your children the correct way about Social Media don't hide them from anything. You may only make them curious later in life.

I want my son to grow up and make a difference in the world.

Please have a think about what you have just read and put it into practice.

Feel free to comment and share your opinion!

Steph's Corner


Stephanie writes from Glasgow, Scotland. She is a Super Mum, wonderful daughter and a amazing partner. Her areas of interest includes Social Media, Family, Relationship and Art (Creativity). Stephanie is active on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment