.post img { border:10px solid #191919; dotted:2px; } a:link{ colour brown } h2{ colour: brown;| }
  • Maiyegun's Diary

  • | Breaking News
  • | Sports
  • | Entertainments
  • | Politics
  • | Opinions |

Maiyegun General

Monday 23 November 2015

Gareth Bale: I'd never say never to Premier League return


Getty Images

The former Tottenham man has been linked with a move to Manchester United, but insists playing in a central role under Rafa Benitez has made him happier at Real Madrid

Real Madrid star Gareth Bale failed to rule out a return to the Premier League but insists he is happy at the Santiago Bernabeu.

The Wales international has been linked with a move to Manchester United over the past year despite only joining the Spanish outfit in the summer of 2013.

And he admits that he would "never say never" to a move back to the English top flight, though Rafa Benitez's willingness to play him in a central role has made him happier with Los Blancos.

"My plan when I first started playing football was to try to reach the pinnacle – and Real Madrid is the pinnacle," he told the Daily Mirror.

"Now I’m here, I want to win trophies and titles, and just do the best I can for my career.

"I will never say never when it comes to going back to the Premier League, because you don’t know what the future holds. But I am enjoying my time here. I am very happy.

"I had conversations with Rafa in the summer and I am delighted about where I am going to be playing this season," he added.

"I like the role behind the striker and feel that’s my position. I can drift into areas, find the space and, when I get the ball, I can attack. It’s my best position – and I think this year is going to be a great season."

Goal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment