.post img { border:10px solid #191919; dotted:2px; } a:link{ colour brown } h2{ colour: brown;| }
  • Maiyegun's Diary

  • | Breaking News
  • | Sports
  • | Entertainments
  • | Politics
  • | Opinions |

Maiyegun General

Saturday 20 February 2016

Short Article: The Pictures Of The Nigeria I Dream!!! -- Badero Olusola



Until we stop seeing ourselves as Northerners or Southerners; APC or PDP; Christians or Muslims, Igbos, Hausas or Yorubas; and start seeing ourselves as NIGERIANS, our situation will remain the same - catch 22.

ADVERTISEMENT


When you see me as a Yoruba man, a Christian from the southwest and an APC member, we will never agree on anything - never. My interest in where I came from will always defeat the interest in taking our country to the next level. That level that has always eluded us in time immemorial.



What am I saying?

Until I see Emeka from Aba as a competent Nigerian to drive my country's industrialisation goal; a seasoned Haruna from Kano as the round peg in the round hole for agricultural rejuvenation of my country; an astute Akinola from Ijebu to perform his magic in the area of economic and commercial revitalisation that will drive growth and profit for investors and in the process create jobs for our army of unemployed youths; a respectable Garuba from Ilorin to oversee that justice to all is guaranteed and maintained - we will keep going in circles - catch 22.

• A detribalised Nigeria that will never judge you based on where you came from.

• A depoliticised Nigeria where my choice will be respected while I do same to my opposing brother.

• A non fanatical (religiously) Nigeria where my religion will not be my death warrant but my respected way I chose to serve my creator.

• A Nigeria where you and I will agree that a single child out of school in Nigeria is a crime against humanity and one's country which must never be allowed in any part of the country - no matter how remote their locations.

• A Nigeria where leaders are not rulers - leaders listens; rulers dictates.

All these things are possible if we think NIGERIA; think as NIGERIANS and not the other way.


I am a PROUD Nigerian; I love my country, but despise the politicians raping it everyday and in the process turning you and I to everlasting enemies of ourselves on the problems we didn't create in the first place.

ADVERTISEMENT


GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

Maiyegun General

No comments:

Post a Comment