.post img { border:10px solid #191919; dotted:2px; } a:link{ colour brown } h2{ colour: brown;| }
  • Maiyegun's Diary

  • | Breaking News
  • | Sports
  • | Entertainments
  • | Politics
  • | Opinions |

Maiyegun General

Wednesday 6 January 2016

My London Diary 2015: The Final Part - by Badero Olusola [See PHOTOS]


Having breakfast together

After the energy sapping day out on River Thames, London Eye and other areas night before, we woke up to a more fun filled day on the eve of 2016 - December 30th.


With a fan, Olanrewaju Opanuga


Something I forgot to add to our discovery of Greenwich as a best choice for us was the African Restaurant on Blackheath Rd called "D'lux Bar" - an enclave of every luxury that is African and Princely - the food and the workers were friendly and chatty - I'll give it to a Sierra Leonean lady-waitress who served my meals throughout our stay. Our hotel is just few blocks away from the restaurant - so i do the shuttle walking. During one of the nights when Stephanie won't sleep unless she scoff a portion of D'lux Jollof Rice, I ran into a fan who knew about our holiday but never in his mind thought he would run into me at a bar in his area - Greenwich. My Sierra Leonean Waitress friend was a bit baffled at such show of love between two supposed strangers when we wouldn't stop screaming in shocks - I remembered her asking if I was a "celebrity in the house", in which my brother-friend replied, "this one pass that kind celebrity, He is an activist". A story for another day.


D'Lux Jollof Rice, Blackheath road, Greenwich

My first surprise of the holiday was the night before the one above - a facebook fan also called me when he heard we would be holidaying in London and we arranged to meet - but when he eventually saw me and my family, he dropped gifts I would never have expected - "2 TM Lewin Shirts and Kurt Geiger (KG) lace shoes" - he said I was only being appreciated for all I have been doing on the social media to raise people's awareness on what is going on around them. I felt good and thanked him heartily.


*2 TM Lewin Shirts and Kurt Geiger (KG) lace shoes gifts from a fan in London

So this morning of December 31st was specially set aside for us to meet my Cousin who lives in London. It was an emotional morning for me personally because the last time I saw him was about 16 years ago when I was still just a lil boy. Secondly, it would be the first time that Stephanie would be meeting any member of my family live. She was as ecstatic as I was nervous - a lil bit of nerves here and there but we were ready - we always were.


Having Breakfast

The meeting point was Westfield Shopping Center, Stratford - the largest shopping center in Europe - Yes! - Stephanie had to google it for confirmation before checking us in on facebook. lol - that's just us - We keep everything on record for reference sake - smile!


Westfield shopping Center

Abbey, my cousin, had earlier told us of his change of plan for an earlier meeting because his wife's hospital appointment that morning - I suggested he cancelled the meeting but he was really dying to meet me and my family; most importantly, Caleb - the "Wee Man".

Stephanie and I agreed to give him time to spend with his wife while we sort ourselves ready for his call. But when minutes turned to hours, Stephanie was a bit worried we might spend the day doing nothing and the New Year rush would make our movement in the New Year unpredictable. Remembering how a monster she could be whenever she is worried about something; not also forgetting she's told me earlier of the arrival of her monthly guest, the onus lay on me to save the day from drifting into something out of control.

Another area Stephanie and I always have disagreements is when we are to decide on what to do first, or last - she is a very intelligent young woman I must say. She is good in solving problems or challenges as quick as you can imagine - but she can be sometimes confused and lost due to break in her confidence. This is where I became a good guardian. I take my time to figure things out, but she is quicker. Many times we would be talking about same thing, differently - but at the end, we would reach a conclusion, easily, after many compromises sort of.


Stephanie and Myself in front of the Victoria Cathedral

While I was planning when to leave the hotel for Stratford, I also birthed an idea of getting our means of transportation sorted too - mode of travelling and time - while leaving the other decisions on the trip to Stephanie to take. She loves reading maps on google, but I am more interested in how to get there; the cost. In this case the Oyster Card came to my mind - unlike the Uber ripoff, Oyster card can actually get you on any public transport in and around London - depending on how far the Zone you buy. It is the cheapest I think. It can get you on the train, bus, underground.

By 4:00pm on the 31st December, we left our hotel for the train to Westfield in Stratford. Got our Oyster cards and waited on the platform to Canary Wharf; change train to Stratford. At Westfield, I alerted my cousin of our arrival and won't mind to still meet him if he could - he replied me immediately of being on his way - the nurses told him he could go and back later while they keep watch on the expecting mum.








Stephanie and I decided to go for few shoppings before we meet Abbey. While entering the Mall, Steph's monthly visitor must have triggered those angry hormones in her as I hear her complaining of a woman who bumped into her but won't even say sorry. I said, "Madam, go there let me take your picture". I do that to her often; When she's angry, tell her to smile you want to take her picture. Her mood will change instantly - she's my lil Angel.


Stephanie

Meeting my cousin - See Photos

Westfield at night


Westfield at night


Westfield at night

With Abbey






Stephanie, Abbey and #CAB


Abbey and the Wee man

We left Westfield and back to our hotel before the midnight to ushered in the New Year with love and distractless affection for one another - because in 2015, we broke many barriers of restrictions found on our path. 

See more photos here:

On arrival at Victoria Train Station London, 28th December, 2015

As we rounded up our holiday in love full of adventure and discoveries of ourselves to remain humble and thankful to those who stood by us in the year ended 2015. 

When we visited Louise @ the Purley, Croydon area

When we visited Louise @ the Purley, Croydon area

As we journey together in this new year 2016, we want to say a big a thank you to our friends and families who stood by us from the first day to this present moment. 

'Happy mum': Stephanie can be seen here so happy to be back home, Glasgow Scotland

Maiyegun and family may be visiting your area soon and it will be an honor to meet as many of you as possible in permissible foreseeable future. 

From Stephanie and I, we say a Happy and Prosperous New Year to you all. 

Shalom!

Badero Olusola

Follow me on 

Twitter: @pupsykofo

Emain: Baderoolusola@Gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment