.post img { border:10px solid #191919; dotted:2px; } a:link{ colour brown } h2{ colour: brown;| }
  • Maiyegun's Diary

  • | Breaking News
  • | Sports
  • | Entertainments
  • | Politics
  • | Opinions |

Maiyegun General

Tuesday 8 December 2015

We’re paraded because we could not bribe Police — Suspected


Seven suspected cultists, said to be terrorizing Ijora Badia and its environs in Lagos, have been arrested during initiation by officers of the Lagos State Police.

ADVERTISEMENT


But some of the suspects identified as Nora Benson, 18; Monday Dennis, 21; James Francis, 31 and Jeremiah Okereke, 21, denied the allegation.

Suspected cultist

The police claimed they carried out the arrest following the directives of the Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Fatia Owoseni, to rid the state of cultists and cult-related activities which have claimed the lives of several innocent persons in recent times, in the state.

I am not a cultist

One of the suspects, 18-year-old mother of one, Nora Benson, said she was attending a friend’s party when she was arrested.

She said: “I live in Lekki but I used to worked in Ikoyi before I fell sick and went for operation. It was not up to three weeks I came back. I have a two-year-old son but I am not yet married.


ADVERTISEMENT


No comments:

Post a Comment