.post img { border:10px solid #191919; dotted:2px; } a:link{ colour brown } h2{ colour: brown;| }
  • Maiyegun's Diary

  • | Breaking News
  • | Sports
  • | Entertainments
  • | Politics
  • | Opinions |

Maiyegun General

Saturday 14 November 2015

Steph's Corner | FAMILY: In light of what happened to France, Its got me thinking about family; my family - By Stephanie Renwick







Family is my everything.

I have the best parents! If any of you meet my mum, you'll know why she is my IDOL.



Family is not always blood. I am a living fact of that. My mum did not give birth to me yet I am her daughter.

Some of us have blood related family but they don't have the privilege to be a part of our lives.

Some of us see everyone as brothers and sisters.

Some of us are alone.

Some of us have friends, even best friends that we class as family.


Its not always about BLOOD, it's about who is there for you when you need it most.

'The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life.'



The one word I used to fear coming from my parent's mouths was;

'disappointed'

My parent's gave me the best they could in life and gave me a childhood that I wasn't supposed to have and I am so thankful for that, all I wanted was to make them proud.

I almost broke my Family once - thats a story for another day!

It wasn't a nice feeling and luckily enough for me I managed to pick up the pieces that I had broken but that doesn't mean it was perfect.

I was young, wild and wanted to explore the world outside of my bubble. I wanted to be independant. Moved out from the parents house when I was 17 turning 18. Done so many things I shouldn't have, but if not for all that, I wouldn't be where I am today.

I met an amazing man who brings out the best in me.

I became a Mother 4 and a 1/2 months ago and it completely changed me. I grew up and turned into a woman. I see things from a Mother's Perspective and my whole world has completely changed for the better. I now have a family of my own.

Instead of tearing each other down we should be helping each other up.
As I said last week, the world that we are living in is crazy at the moment. You never know what can happen. One day a loved one could be gone and you will beat yourself up about not telling them how much they meant to you before it was too late. So tell them now! Tell them you love them. Say thank you and always remember to make time for them. Live in the moment. Take each day as it comes.

There's nothing like time when it comes to family, which kind of time am I talking about? The right time.

To everyone out there. Don't regret, learn and move on and make things right. Make peace with yourself.

Hold on tight to what you consider family because you are lucky, never take family for granted. The word family gives you no right. You earn your respect. There is always someone worse off than you. 












Stephanie writes from Glasgow, Scotland

No comments:

Post a Comment