.post img { border:10px solid #191919; dotted:2px; } a:link{ colour brown } h2{ colour: brown;| }
  • Maiyegun's Diary

  • | Breaking News
  • | Sports
  • | Entertainments
  • | Politics
  • | Opinions |

Maiyegun General

Monday 10 August 2015


'I asked him why I couldn't do it and he said because you're black. They don't want you at the house'

Monday 10 August 2015

A Lowes delivery driver recently told reporters that his manager gave into a customer who requested no black workers be sent to her home.

Marcus Bradley, the delivery driver, told WVUE that he was first told his order was cancelled during a delivery and was shocked to learn why.

"I asked him why I couldn't do it, and he said because you're black, and they don't want you at the house," he said.

The man's co-worker Alex Brooks said he was in the car with Mr Bradley when he took the call.

"To me, it just ain't right for a business that we work at to go on with the woman's wishes," Brooks told reporters.

"It was one of those things like, 'These guys will get over it. They're tough guys. They're delivery guys,'" he added. "And that's kind of where I just had to put my foot down and say I couldn't do it with them."

The woman who requested no black drivers be sent to her home doubled down on her racist comments when WSET reportersarrived to her home.

"I got a right to have whatever I want and that's it," she said. "No, I don't feel bad about nothing."



Mr Bradley had planned on going to work, without any further complaints. However, Lowe's later fired the manager and said that workers should never honour a discriminatory request:

“Diversity and inclusion is a core value at Lowe’s. The situation brought to our attention was troubling and an investigation was immediately undertaken. Under no circumstances should a discriminatory delivery request should be honoured as it is inconsistent with our diversity and inclusion core values and the request should have been refused. The investigation has concluded and the individuals involved are no longer with the company.”

The Independent

No comments:

Post a Comment